Thursday, April 22, 2010

yuengling to the rescue!!!

So, I've been racking my brain for ideas for DIY cufflinks... of course at first I was thinking starfish.

BUT, I understand not EVERYTHING in the wedding can be full of starfish, including mike's groomsmen... So, I went searching. First, I found these...

if you can't tell they are champagne bottles and corks...

Well... then i thought to myself... what do all the groomsmen like... BEER!!!



SO i just ordered blank pairs of cufflinks off of ebay for less than a dollar a pair, and plan to use the furnace here at work to melt some of our resin, pour it in the cap, pop in the cufflink, let cool... BAM cufflinks. Not to mention... THANK YOU YUENGLING for using our wedding colors on your bottle caps... ALSO, for the one and only groomsmen that doesn't drink lager... my very own brother... his very own, custom, one of a kind set of, still matching, champagne of beers, high-life cufflinks!!!


And well, since I ordered 10 pairs of cufflinks and I only need 6 I plan on making some for the ushers as well.

With all these ideas I keep coming up with I'm seeing myself creating an etsy shop after all this wedding planning is done to "showcase" and sell some of my creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment