Saturday, June 13, 2009

yardsales and hard tales.

Ah, a night I will never forget. The Penguins won the cup. It was a sad day in the lives of many as my beloved Red Wings skated off the ice, heads held high up in their asses... Tis a sad sad tale. So, we drank pitty beers in Kempton... Fun times, had by all in the hippied little farmhouse that could very well be in violation of many codes...

The day began at 7am, for some much needed unloading and uploading of things. Twas indeed a successful day. Things were sold, and given away... Things were found and purchased but as always, the best things in life are FREE! Ah, no sale could be better. So I spent the day with my lover, and got some money and some free stuff too. No one really loses on days like this. Especially when coinstar and a sack full of nickels is involved.

Ah yes, and now I spend yet another Saturday in the dusty pits of labor. Overtime is sweet. Monetarily speaking, today was a haul. Not to mention, it was completely painless. It feels like Christmas!!!

I feel as though I should come up with some sort of yard sale metaphor for life, as is my style... metaphors, simmalies... and that kind of happy grammar junk. Ah yes, junk. One man's junk is another man's pain in the ass... only when one's mind is deep in the gutter would some one think of some man-butter. Maybe life is really like a yard sale... We're all just passing stuff around until it finds its "forever home" around the world this thing might go, be it a spoon, or a unicorn... a pot, a lamp, a lover... Just passed around, exchanged hands over and over in hopes that someone will love it so much it won't come back to you again.

"Here are some shoes, I think you'll like them... "
"Sorry ma'am they're not for me..."
"How bout you? You like these shoes?"
"Sorry ma'am, I don't wear shoes, see?"
"What about you? These shoes look like they're made for you!"
"Why yes why yes! I love those shoes,
can I please take them off of you?"
"Of course of course, but for a price...
afterall, they're really really really nice..."
"They are! they are! I love them so!
How could you ever let them go??"
"Just take 'em will you? Have them for free!
afterall those shoes... they just aren't for me!
They were meant for you, I know
That is why I must let them go..."

If only life were that easy... Something/ someone doesn't work for you... Don't you wish you could just give them to someone else? Ah life would be a little easier if it were like a yard sale... its easier to let things go... when they have another home to go to.

This truly isn't making any sense... I guess what I'm trying to say... is if you're not happy with what you have, just know there's someone out there, somewhere looking for the hand that you've been dealt. And today, in yard sale land... all is right with the world... everything in its place... everyone with a smile on their face. :-D

<3 Tara-fic <3

No comments:

Post a Comment