Wednesday, December 16, 2009

and the planning begins...

One thing I'm dead set on doing with the help of my green-thumbed mother and aunts of course is growing my own flowers for centerpieces and possibly bouquets. Thank god other people have blogs!!!

http://growflowers.blogspot.com/

http://blog.amystewart.com/wedding.html

love it!!!!

centerpieces of live flowers, in dirt, are probably going to be the name of the game. I truly hate to kill things... especially helpless little beautiful blossoms!!! I'm thinking... an "ecclectic" (michael hates this word) assortment of found pots at flea markets and auctions would be very whimisical. Throw in some home grown flowers and top off the dirt with glass marbles and maybe a starfish or two for good luck ;-) just screams gorgeous to me... tell me if i'm wrong??? Who wouldn't want to take home some beautiful plants to grow for a few months after our wedding and have a lovely pot to remember the occasion forever!? I know I would! :-)

I also will be recruiting my life long friend Amanda to take our wedding pictures. This girl has had a camera attached to her hand since middle school. Not only do I love her, she's amazing! Also, I think we will be asking Jon (kristi's boyfriend) to work his camera magic on our special day.

Now all we need is a big backyard and all the fixins' 1 step at a time of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment