Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Engagement excitement!!!!

So its not very often I update this thing... I spend too much time playing useless games on facebook while I'm at work. But something happened this weekend that is just beyond too exciting to contain myself!!!

Michael proposed to me Sunday morning! There's kind of a build up to the story that I will now share.... So, for Christmas I made Michael a photo book of our "first year" on Snapfish. It came in the mail last week so I wrapped it and put it under the tree. Michael and I went out Saturday evening to watch the Flyers at Cousins (where we first 'hung out' the day after Christmas 1 year ago). So I wasn't feeling very well and the alcohol hit me harder than it should have.... i.e. I was plastered. So we return to 9 Clayton Ave. to find that the dogs have completely destroyed the presents under the tree, wrapping paper everywhere causing me to have a drunken nervous breakdown, of course. LUCKILY the book that took me like 3 weeks to put together only has minor dog-damage to one corner of it. Mike thinks it "adds character." Which, in a way is true... the dogs have shown their destruction in every inch of our house, why not my Christmas present to Mike? So, I wake up in the morning... feeling just aweful. I truly was a pitiful wreck. So we paged through the photo book together as I pouted and sniffled and coughed, pitifully and then Mike said that it was only fair that since he got his present early, I should get mine. So, he disappears and reappears and hands me a beautifully wrapped box with a bow on it. Of course, deep down I was HOPING I knew what it was... But Mike's pretty slick and I thought maybe he was going to pull a fast one on me and in this tiny little box could've been a number of random tiny things... But after it took me 15 mins to remove the bow and wrapping paper I saw the box was in fact from Murphy's! AHH THEN I OPENED THE BOX to see the shiniest most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life... So, now I'm almost crying and Mike asked "Hunny will you marry me?" Which prompted a quick scolding from me.. "Do you even have to ask!!" It was absolutely perfect... Regardless of the sniffles and the sore throat and the dogs destroying his surprise... it was perfect. I couldn't think of any better place for him to propose other than the house we love so much, in our bed, with our dogs on a lazy lazy Sunday... all cuddled up under the covers on a cold December morning. :-)

My only regret... ordering our Christmas cards last week! I could've been sporting this beautiful three-stone wonder in all our Christmas pictures... Still though, since I plan on ordering another photo book in the first place... I might as well tack on the pictures of the ring and some pictures from Gina's on Christmas Eve and Alice's on Christmas day... and of course Ben and Jackie's on New Years. So then, the book will REALLY be our WHOLE first year... no exclusions!

So many fantastic things have happened this year, its really hard to imagine that this whole thing started with a mass "merry christmas" text message to everyone in the phone... which luckily included Michael! :-) I love the holidays!!! Actually, I love everyday!!! And really... the best is yet to come :-)

We've decided that we will officially tie the knot June 2011, the color scheme is champagne and cranberry (very romantic!)... it will be an outdoor wedding with a "subtle beach theme" and we already found a cake topper!!! :-) and of course I already have a "style" of dress I'll be looking for (not anytime soon of course) but if I happen to stumble upon a bargain I might snatch something up!





1 comment:

  1. Awww YAYYYYYYY!!!! I'm so deliriously excited for you guys!

    I wonder if there is something that attracts dogs to those photo books because Callie also has chewed the corner of our "house renovation" book. We blamed the fact that Katy is in the book and on the back cover and Callie was a bit jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete