Sunday, January 24, 2010

throat amphibians.

Ah yes, working 1st shift on a Sunday is not one of my most favorite things in the world but I guess it has its perks? Yes, the overtime is very nice especially with the ever surmounting costs of wedding planning but, I would much rather be cuddled up in bed with my boys. Its extremely boring here on the weekends... there are normally about 15 machines running on a normal day. Today, there are 4. I arrived here at 8:45am which is actually really late for me to get here considering my shift was techincally supposed to start at 7. No big deal though, since its so rediculously slow around here no one really cares when I come or go, as long as at some point I test some samples... and perhaps answer the phone when the airmilling supervisor calls. I am much more tired than I normally am while working a very boring 1st shift... I think I might be coming down with something. There is definitely a frog in my throat. Actually, whatever this amphibian is, it is much larger than a frog. I sound awful enough that when I had to page Stewie he thought, I was a man. So, with it being so incredibly slow and boring I went out to my car and grabbed a pillow and a blanket, laid down in my office on the floor on a drum liner and tried to take a nap... Well aparently the ever growing critter in my throat didn't agree with this decision because as soon as my head hit the pillow I coughed up not 1 lung, but 2. I actually might have coughed up a few other people's lung as well. I'm really at a loss here... Ah yes, on top of coughing up numerous lungs... its strange the noises you hear at work when you're trying to fall assleep... I mean, this is a pretty noisy place and I'm comfortable with that granted I've been working here for over a year... But as soon as my head hit that pillow I heard all kinds of noises... imaginary foot steps, the tick tock on the clock that strangely enough I have NEVER heard before after spending a gagillion hours here.

I would now like to take the time to express my disapproval of that stupid H1N1 rap... Maybe you know what I'm talking about... in case you don't... I will now take a moment to search via youtube and find a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuITsj22QWQ
Now, I don't know how many of you listen to the radio all day at work... but I do. This FLIPPIN ad is on like 15 times a day and its just awful awful awful. So awful I, believe it or not, lost sleep over it. There must be some kind of subliminal messaging or brainwashing mechanism involved with this ad because this damn song was stuck in my head for hours. I tried everything to fall assleep!!! The final combo that actually worked was a benadryl, tylenol PM combo and the comcast hip hop music channel. Truly trechorous torture it was. Over and over again in my head... "stop h1n1 stop h1n1 stop stop... i scrub my hands wash them all the time and i scrub everything thats mind in an effort to stop all these germs around me..." AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL GAHHHHHHHHHHH I would've chopped my ears off or something but it was so imbedded in my brain by the time I got around to it that I was nearly on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Ah yes, 1st shift on a Sunday... no facebook at work... *sigh* I'm honestly really upset about it. Yes, I know its jsut facebook but man... I feel lost. When I used to get bored I could just go on there and look at pictures of Mike and the dogs and remember that yes, I do indeed have a life ourside of ICO Polymers. I feel out of touch with the world and I just can't seem to bring myself to waste any of my time not spent at work to fit in some quality facebook stalking time.

Ah ya know what's really buggin' the crud out of me???? I've gotten like 15 paper cuts in the past 2 days. What the frick is that about?!?! Its just so odd... ya know, I went probably like, a month without getting a paper cut now my poor hands feel like poor Edward Scissorhands' face.

Maybe I'll try that nap out again... I'm so so sleepy. Maybe I shouldn't have waited to get that 2nd wind last night... It was like 8pm and I was ready for bed... but I trooped it out with the boys and stayed out til 2am anyway. What a fool! Actually, time well spent, I love Cousin's nights with the guys eventhough I am permanently Francis' punching bag. I guess its better to be tired and miserable at work because I was out having a good time last night than missing out on all the fun and being tired and miserable at work anyway. I really miss Mike, the pups and the dogs right now :( bummer.

I've noticed I'm much more likely to break out into tears when I haven't had much sleep... over little things to. I was reading Andrea's blog and watched that silly video of Pepito, Thor and Katy... and it made me cry! Why?? No idea really... maybe its just that damn cute. Like peewee hockey, that always gets me teary eyed. Oh god, I'm going to be a hysterical mess at the wedding. Someone might need to slap me or something!

Well, maybe I'll do some window shopping on etsy... Andrea always gives me such good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment