Saturday, January 30, 2010

looking for inspiration...

My mind is bustling with a million ideas and thought and DYI projects for this wedding... but I can't seem to focus long enough to work on one particular thing right now. I scoured photo printing websites for a different save the date design than the one I already created on snapfish.com but I still like my original one best. Then, I searched for wedding invitation inspiration. Google is my friend. I have this gorgeous DYI idea in my head... but it seems so far out of reach. I need some colored pencils so I can do some sketches. What else have I done today? Posted a thread on weddingbee to see if I'm the only person actually crazy enough to grow her own flowers... which entails making all the centerpeices and bouquets, for her own wedding. So far, yes, I am the only one crazy enough.


Back to invites... I'm imagining champagne colored paper with kind of a mother of pearl sheen to it... some red swirly-doos in the top left corner and in the botton left corner... a picture of 2 champagne flutes on the beach with a dark red lily lain between them, and a starfish off in the distance. We'll see. I know I have resources I can utilize (i.e. graphic designer friends) but at the same time I really really really want to do it myself. I have that problem though... I mean, I've planned plenty of events in the past where I took A LOT of little projects on myself and its those little projects that keep me sane. Focusing on the details makes me less stressed out about the obvious horror stories of nightmare weddings.... is it going to rain? will a tree get struck by lightning and level the reception hall? will a plague of locusts inevitably eat my whole crop of wedding flowers?! oh god. will mike leave me at the alter? will I wake up with some god awful rash all over my body? PIMPLES? sunburn? tragic death in the family? hurricanes?! Oh god oh god oh god... breathe. for the love of all this is holy woman, breathe!


back to reality... just for a moment, I suppose. The invites... hmmm I know I have plenty of time for all this but I just want to get them done. Perhaps I will start a draft or something today... while I'm ever so bored here at work.


I'm starving, E-Z mac to the rescue!


crud, I have to inspect the fire extinguishers today and make Mr. Brown some labels... crud crud crud... why does my job have to exist on saturdays?! I just want to go try on some dresses!!!! Actually... I just want this dress... *sigh* Maggie Sottero Hampton... you are always on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment