Monday, February 1, 2010

"The One"

Ah yes, reference to Andrea's blog here (thegebelys.blogspot.com) on Saturday a failed attempt to bridal shopped due to my awful work schedule ended with the entertainment of me trying on Andrea's dresses. Dress 1: The Crusher! lol definately couldn't breath or move my arms in this dress but it was gorgeous and made me look like I had the tiniest little waist ever!!! Dress 2: Andrea's dress! Loved it, but I didn't feel like "mine" well cause, it wasn't lol. Very gorgeous and I love everything about it except that it just didn't... feel right? Now I know no one reads this damn blog... so its pointless to ask questions to myself... but Know what I mean??

So I wake up Sunday apx 1:30pm... call up mom "hey what ya doing wanna go to lunch?" "lets go to David's bridal call and see how late their open.." Call David's "can you be here by 3?" "sure?" "Mom, we have an appt at 3." "Maybe dad will take us" well yes, daddy played taxi driver for us and I'm glad he did.

Dress #1 very similar to my maggie sottero hampton I adore(d) so much... Love(d) it. lol
Dress #2 love(d) it now its between 1 and 2
Dress #3 love(d) but still ike 1 and 2 better
Dress #4 ehhhh not so much
Dress #5, 6, 7 ehhh not as much as I love(d) #1!
Dress #8 we have a contender!!!
Dress #9 doesnt even compare to 1 or 8

Try them on again...
#1 still love it... but ehhh
#8 this time in a 2 (not a 4) with a birdcage veil and pearls. Holy crap. I love this dress. But its nothing like anything I pictured...

Soo... when thinking of my "dream dress" 3 things came to mind... pick up skirt, lace up back, sweet heart neckline.... which lead me to think that "maggie sottero- hampton or andrea" were the right dress for me. Now, I'm more than a "hippie at heart" I'm a straight up tie-dye, croc wearing, composting, gardening, enviro-science, roll in the dirt, barefoot, rock-climbing fool. So, here I am trying on dresses and I'm trying on pick up skirts with intricate beading and trumpet dresses, ones with broaches and lace and yada yada yaaaa.... Well, they were all gorgeous and they all looked gorgeous on but I felt like a Barbie... and last time I checked Matel hasn't come out with dirt-worshipper Barbie! So I try on all these dresses and loved them all but they just weren't for me. Then, a light came shining down from the heavens *aaahhhhhhh* and God's finger pointed to this Galina halter on the sale rack (dress #8). Well thats not really what happened... but it was in the mix of dresses madre and I had picked up to try on at first. So I tried it on, while my mom was in the bathroom... oddly enough I didn't need any help with this one... So I step out of the dressing room... take a look and think "wtf? this dress is nothing like anything I wanted... but I freaking love it!" I kept that dress on for a while... everyone around me agreed it looked great. I had a 4 at first... then switched to a 2 (which still needs to be taken in.) The girls surrounding me seems irrirated to say the least... I heard the one say something under her breath about my "measurements." Considering I'm a D cup and a size 2, I don't blame her lol. Plus, I liked every dress I tried on... the 3 girls surrounding me hated everything they put on. Anyway! I loved it, but wasn't so sure about buying it immediately... so then I asked for a birdcage veil and instantly fell. in. love. Again with the lights shining down from heaven... ahhhhhhhhhh! Then, I asked the seemstress to show me how it would look bustled, and I fell in love even more. Then of course, the final touch a string of pearls! *ahhHhhhh* I felt gorgeous, and I felt like myself! So I called FSIL and txted her a picture for reassurance. Also, since my dad was playing "taxi driver" and took mom and I there I summoned him and made him come look at the dress. At this point, mom, dad and the lady who was helping us were crying. I'll admit I teared up when I saw dad reach for the tissue. So we bought the dress! With 17 months to go. Fiance gave me a blank check (what a lovely future husband) since he knew I wouldn't spend a penny over our budget, I'm just good like that. Now that's trust... give your fiance a blank check to go wedding dress shopping? What a perfect future husband. I can't wait for everyone to see ittttttt.....

Its a the parent's house so I don't put it on and walk around in it. LoL I know I would have that problem... just like I did with the wedding band. So yay! bought a dress, that I love and wasn't too expensive. I'm a happy bride :-)

and now.... we wait. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment