Tuesday, February 2, 2010

really need to start editing my typos

So there are a few things on my mind... lol

#1 I always hit "publish," "comment," "send," what have you without proof reading first. I really need to stop that.

#2 Red shoes. Red red shoes. I'm searching high and low for my dream wedding shoes. Red shoes. Red shoes. Red shoes. And by high and low... I mean heels and flats! Ideally, I would like flats... but ideally, I'd be a few inches taller. What a predicament!

#3 Taking pictures of my e-ring! So apparently I didn't get the memo... haha people take a million pics of their rings. So I have a few ideas for mine, I plan on doing this tomorrow before work. Of course... starfish, tie dye, maybe on my crocs lol, with the dogs, on my fav jade plant... any other ideas??

#4 Personalized match boxes. I found an awesome tutorial on making "stickers" with coordinating colors and just cutting and adhering. PERFECT, cheap, and sooo cute. Mike and I talked about having a "cigar bar" which is really going to be a personalized bowl (from etsy of course) with cigars in it. Plus, there will be candles everywhere and some people like to blow them out and relight them when they get bored? I dunno, I'm trying to justify putting in the effort to make them... wait a sec... half my friend smoke cigarettes... perfect. Yes, I think matchbooks are a must. *smirk*

#5 My birdcage veil!! Hmmm do I buy a plain one off etsy and decorate it myself? Or do I just buy the netting off ebay and make my own?? Decisions decisions!! I would like english netting... which is hard to find even on e-bay... hmmm

#6 A basket full of flip flips for guests with achy feet. Hopefully I can find random sizes on super discount for like... a nickle. lol I found another tutorial... guess where?!? I dare you.. guess?!? Weddingbee of course... the bride used shelf paper to make the flip flops match her theme. How stinking cute!?

#7 Well, I just had the cutest idea earlier. I talked it out with Amanda... and what I mean when I say that is... I talked at Amanda and she looked at me confused-like. Then when I stopped babbling and clarified she agreed. Sometimes I just need to verbalize things... then they make sense. So, when the guests come into the reception hall... instead of unleashing 200+ people into the ocean of place cards (on wine bottle corks) I had a stroke of genius! Picture an empty wine bottle, with a cork in it, a-top the cork a number, on the label of the bottle the list of guests at that table! So people come in, find their name on a bottle, with a corresponding corked-number and then go find their table number and sit at their seat with the place card (on a wine cork). Yay or nay?

#8 I don't know who I'm asking questions to again... Well Andrea, of course! So Dear FSIL when you read this post, shoot me a comment or e-mail! haha

#9 I'm STARVING and I forgot to "pack a lunch" so either I have to resort to my emergency work rations... applesauce and macaroni and cheese... or do I dare venture out into the world outside ICO and search for something? *sigh* Anyone, anyone out there? Please bring me a salad, or a chicken Cesar wrap, or some sushi. Thank you.

-Love the Future Mrs. Hartman. ;-*

p.s. I proof read this time.

3 comments:

  1. 1 - I always forget to proofread too!
    2 - You won't be sorry for wearing flats...best decision I ever made on my wedding day.
    3 - Yes there are quite a few creative pictures out there. That is what my orb was for on the wedding day :-)
    4 - Matchboxes are fun and encourage the pyromaniacs in all of us. Plus it's exciting to have little projects to work on.
    5 - I love that you want to wear a birdcage veil!
    6 - I have seen some cute pictures of this as well...
    7 - Ok, I think you're making this wayyy more complicated than it has to be. I think it is a lot simpler to just have the cork with the name/couple. Plus, that way people can pick their own seat at their table.
    8 - Done!
    9 - Hope you found something good to eat.

    sincerely,
    mrs. gebely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, I am now cyber stalking you
    2. Flats were a God-send for me on my wedding day too
    3. Make sure you have good lighting - mine reflected oddly
    4. I love all things personalized - so I'm all for that
    5. What is the difference between regular netting and English netting?
    6. a lot of ppl went without shoes at ours - if you can't find them for cheap, don't stress about it.
    7. We had a poster of the names in alphbetical order printed at Staples and then framed it and had each name card already at their place setting. It saved a lot of confusion.

    <3 Mrs. Aldrich

    ReplyDelete