Saturday, February 27, 2010

to bee or not to bee

weddingbee that is.. or should I say "to blog or not to blog." It seems I can only do one or the other. I blame both of these (blogging and beeing) on one person and one person alone... MRS.GEBELY!!! :-) I say blame... but I really mean "thank" because these two things along keep me entirely entertained while "bored" at work. Ahhh yes and one more vice of mine to blame again on Mrs. Gebely... ETSY!! :-)


Many things have progressed since I last posted. I have found and fallen in love with the very opposite of a BM dress I had envisioned... then again I purchased the wedding dress opposite my vision. So it seems to be the method to my madness I guess. I would post a pic, buuuut I'll let everyone else suffer. MUAHAHAHHA... mother and the BM's have seen the pic of the dress, which I have ordered a "sample" of and by sample I mean, I ordered a dress for my own personal collection. haha! So its really a win win situation for me here... :-)


Yes, I have also ordered a TON of items.... which I will now list in no particular order...

-reception crocs (gauk if you must, I AM a croc kinda gal, $19.99 e-bay)
-save the dates!!! (magnets designed by michael and yours truly apx 30cents a peice, vistaprint)
-photosharing cards (freeeee, vistaprint)
-a free pen. (for the wedding tree, v.p.)
-return address labels (like $7 for 420 of them, v.p.)
-a possible BM dress (30dollars, some website)
-RSVP postcards (freeee v.p.)
-20 yards of tulle (50%off one item from jo-ann total $13. SCORE!) this will be used to tie reserved cards around chairs for the fam (ie Mother of bride, mother of groom, yada yada yaa) and who knows? I <3 tulle!!! Maybe some tulle roses? Yeah, love them too... tulle tulle tulle!
- A GARTER SET!! (from etsy of course) its PINK! (just for fun) and is adorned with, you guessed it! STARFISH! <3 ($20, I could've got a cheaper uglier one from ebay but since I saved so much money on the above items I figured I'd splurge, yes $20 is a splurge for this thrifty lady!)
-A ring shell... let me explain... its a shell that has a closure.. like a little make up compact but made out of a shell to hold our wedding rings! its adorable! and from the same seller as the garter so she offered to customize it a bit for me and refunded some shipping costs. <3 etsy! ($15 also a splurge, mike and i have all kinds of trinket boxes and such but this one was just too cute)
-YESS my something BLUE! You'll never guess what it is, I dare you... *insert guess here* ... wrong!! :-P But I'll tell you anyway... I got underwear (from etsy) that say "Mrs.Hartman" in blue!!! (I don't disclose my underwear prices. lol)
-Stuff to make a fascinator birdcage veil... I already had the netting... I just bought a rose and some baby's breath from a.c.moore. That is an in-progess project, the flower adorned with starfish is complete, with help from Ms. Malkemes. I just need to pick up a hair comb then I can make the veil part.




My newest obsession stems from an etsy/ebay/google search for "opal wedding bands".... Although I already purchased a wedding band from ebay I found an opal wedding band... *drool*


this could also be my something blue... unfortunately the only size available is an 8. Well, that's double my ring size... Yes, I'm a 4. Call me tiny-finger-tara... it is rediculously hard to find opal rings in a size 4. *sigh* This ring is $15... why oh why can't we all have tiny fingers like tara?!



Also, my "flower flavor of the week." Well, roses are a must for our wedding.. I LOVE roses... the accompanying flowers have yet to be determined. This week the flavor is Daisies!!!


this is my ultimate inspiration bouquet!!! I love the reds and pinks and the baby's breath!! <3 So in love with this.. I hope I can recreate it, I would swap the pink roses out for peach roses and add... yes yes I know its a little predictable at this point, starfish! Peach roses were my nana's favorite! and they also match the starfish :-) looove it

2 comments:

  1. It is bad luck to wear opals unless it's your birthstone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww but its my mom's birthstone!! I wear opals all the time! I've never heard that before...

    ReplyDelete